Leadership Summer Academy
iSTEM and Leadership Summer Academies are now closed. Please check back early next year for information about Summer 2018.
Assess your own leadership style through a 360-degree assessment and carefully calibrated experiential exercises in this one-week leadership academy (July 23-29, 2017). Discover how to further develop the leader within you and set goals that put you on the path to an ideal future. Engage in a series of integrated lectures, public speaking, field trips, and social & cultural activities. Final student presentations address individual leadership development, theory, and applications.
Participate in engaging lectures and in-class activities:
- Ropes course
- Theories of leadership
- Leadership and diversity
- Emotional Intelligence and leadership
- Peer leadership
- Goal setting
- Public speaking
- Prepare a final presentation on the topic of your choice
- Attend a field trip to the United Nations Headquarters in NYC
Additional Requirement for Leadership Academy
- A letter of recommendation from school guidance counselor or teacher
- Submit online application before June 1 deadline.
- Upload transcript
- Upload recommendation letter or fax to 732-932-6547
- Once you receive acceptance email with Rutgers ID number (RUID), follow the link in the email to pay the deposit. Deposit is due within three weeks of receiving your acceptance email.
- Complete the online 360 assessment no later than June 10. Information to access your 360 will be sent to you by email.